Okay, sorry... I'm not going to be so serious this time :). Oh & please, ignore the punctuation :). I know it's probably bad, but who cares right?. (Man I'm so glad I'm out of school.)
---
Why is it that when it comes to actually writing something down....say in a journal, it seams like such a daunting task? Yet, when you type on a computer: blog, e-mail, i.m., whatever...you don't even think about it, words just seam to flow easily. I don't know about anyone else, but that's always been the case with me. (Probably why I haven't written in my journal for almost a decade. So sad.) And yet, every single calendar we've had, since I've been married (& yes I have every single one :)is covered with important events or notes about what went on each month. So in a way, I guess my calendars are my journals...right?! I count it.
Anyway, one thing I've always wanted to do and, of course, have never gotten around to it, is make a book of all the cute, random, hilarious things my kids say or do. Most of the time I do remember to write it down, but it's usually on some random piece of paper I find. If you asked me exactly where those papers are today, my response would be 'somewhere in the millions of papers I have boxed up.' Not good, I know.
So starting now, I'm going to do a much better job.
--
I don't know if anyone has children who are early risers?, but my 3 year old, Jayden, is just that. (He definitely takes after his dad in that department. Mom...not so much a early morning person.) No matter what time that kid goes to bed, he is up before the butt-freakin' crack of dawn. Sorry...best way I know to describe it :). And if the sun ain't shinin,' and people are still in bed, he figures he needs to turn every light in the house on, and WAKE THEM UP! If he's awake, he figures so should everyone else. So as you can imagine, when I stay up late, I can always count on an early morning. Yeh me! If I'm not actually up & about, I'm usually in bed wondering why oh why my Jayden can't just sleep in for once. (Okay he did once, and I even checked on him, to make sure something wasn't seriously wrong. That's how unusual it was for him.)
Anyway this morning was no different. I ended up staying up way too late last night, and lo & behold the next morning, the boys come bounding into our room bright & early. (At least it was past 7 this time.) Tyler, my baby, had a full diaper, so I changed him and laid back in bed, with Tyler right next to me hoping against hope he would go back to sleep, so I could catch a little more shut eye before my alarm went off. (Mikayla, my 6 year old, started back on track today.) So of course, Jayden feeling left out, hops in bed next to us and scoots next to Tyler as far as he can go, almost literally on top of him. In turn Tyler plasters himself to me, thinking he'd get some space from Jayden :)...but, to no avail. Jayden, immediately scoots over to fill in the gap and reaches over and grabs Tylers hand, squeezing Tyler even more. So if you're picturing this, my poor baby is now literally trapped between the 2 of us, and trying to wiggle out of Jayden's grasp to get free. (And yes I would've moved over, if I wasn't already on the edge of the bed.) So anyway, Jayden tightens his grip on Tylers hand and leans over to his face so Tyler can see him, and says "It's just me, like me.""It's just me, like me Tyer.""It's just me, like me."
At first I was like what in the world is he saying. Then I realized; he thought Tyler was trying to get away from him, because he was scared & didn't know who was lying next to him (because it was dark). Not that he was being literally sqooshed to death. I busted up laughing, I couldn't help it. It was so funny. Maybe you had to have been there.
I love the innocence of children. They are so funny!!!
---
(((Sorry, if I tend to jump around a lot, it's only because I have so many thoughts going around in my head. Not because I have a.d.d. :))).
Wow. I should just call this blog, random thoughts by Jodi Dunn instead, shouldn't I?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment