Thursday, May 7, 2009

Updates...

Okay been big time slacking in the update department :).

Let's see what's been going on?............................

I'm still trying to get my house ready to sale. I've decided it's an impossible task with 3 kids. :) I'm currently in the process of trying to find stuff to sell in a yard sale. Oh I'm so excited about that :( ...not. I'm sorry but doing a yard sale is like getting your tooth pulled (o.k. not that I ever have,....I just imagine it would be :). We had one when we were living in Provo, and people barely wanted to spend anything. Plus the weather was supposed to be nice, and a freak storm moved in...go figure. Let's just say, It was not a fun experience! So here's to hopefully having a better experience this time.
It will be nice though to get rid of the stuff we don't need!!! I don't know if it's like this for anyone else? But we have accumulated a lot of junk with each passing year. I keep holding onto things thinking that each younger child will play with them,....which so far they really haven't. So I just need to break the emotional attachment & let them go to a new home. It's way past time! It is so hard to keep a clean house when you have so much extra stuff to clutter it up. It's just an invitation for disaster. Plus it feels like this constant weight on my shoulders. Does that sound crazy? Where you feel so overwhelmed, you just want to hide it and forget about it.
I felt like that growing up. When I'd have to do chores. I never knew where to put most the stuff away, so it usually ended up in a box of miscellaneous only to be dealt with the following day. And the day after & the day after. They never really had a place, but you felt like you couldn't get rid of them......okay maybe I am crazy :). Hey I've been called worse :)
So anyway that's my 2 big projects. House & Yard Sale! Yee ha :)

As for my kiddies? They are growing by leaps & bounds. I still can't believe how fast my baby has grown. The more kids you have, it seams the faster they grow up.


Tyler is repeating everything he hears of course :). He's our own little parrot :). He loves to climb on EVERYTHING & put EVERYTHING in his mouth still. In fact, I'm surprised he doesn't poop out little barbie pieces :). He loves the 'Head, shoulders, knees & toes' song & loves doing the rolling action in 'Pat-A-Cake.' :) He says "showda's" & "neese" so cute :). I love it! He also has 4 new little teeth within the past month (those were rough).
Tyler is usually mom's little shadow. Whenever I sit down to fold laundry or clean up toys, he plots himself right in my lap. When I'm on the computer, he's usually standing on the computer still :). Except now he loves to push the buttons on the keyboard. He is my little sweetheart though. I am so in love with that little boy :). He always has lots of hugs & kisses for mom & dad.
Tyler's new thing is throwing dishes & silverware away! I have the kind of garbage can you have to step on to open & he's just discovered how to open it. So when I was done cleaning up after dinner the other day. I went to throw some stuff away, & lo & behold there are cups & silverware in the garbage. Good thing I noticed! I grabbed out what I could see, but I have a feeling some of it went to the garbage heaven. There's only so much garbage I'm willing to ruffle through before it gets a little disgusting....ugh! I'm trying to teach him to put it in the sink instead. Here's crossing the fingers on that one! Either way, mom's on high alert now.
Let's see....what ? Tyler's still great about taking naps. When he starts acting tired I give him his 'baba' and as soon as he's done. I lay him down, put the blanket on him, & he lays there until he falls asleep. It's great. Jayden's actually getting better at going to bed now also. He was such an easy baby to put to bed until he turned 3 and then he had to have mom lay with him. Now when he's tired he's really good about just laying down and going to bed. Whoo hoo. :) Gotta love that! :)


Jayden is still my little adventure kid. He loves playing outside and diggin' in the dirt for roley poley's and worms, of course. Both him & Mikayla, actually. Those poor roley poleys dont' have a chance. They catch no less than 30 a day. I'm surprised we still have some ;). He's so excited now that he's part of Mikayla's little group. He loves being included. Little June, our little neighbor, now comes to get just Jayden to play when Mikayla's at school. He loves it, of course :) It makes him feel very important.
He loves to play with his little cars & animals & his Transformers (which usually end up in pieces, when he tries to transform, & mom has to come to the rescue to put them back together). The last couple of days Jayden & Tyler have been playing with the pretend food, which usually ends up all over the floor in seconds.
Jayden still gets upset if people don't wave at him or tell him goodbye when they leave. He gets his feelings hurt. He's a lot better about helping mom clean up. He used to just lay on the floor with a toy in his hand waiting for the mess to clean itself up. It could be due to the fact that mom's threatened to either throw away or sell their toys if they don't. I know, I'm a mean mom, what can I say?!
Jayden is also a studly little dancer :). He's so fun to watch. He gets very into it :). Alot of his moves look more like breakdancing, so we'll se where that goes :). He's pretty good too.

(I love this expression :)
Mikayla, my beautiful 7 year old now is busy with friends & school :). She, of course, still has to have friends to play with 24-7. She's usually the ringleader. :) She's still our social little butterfly. Mikayla is always making wonderful cards for mom & dad with the cutest illustrations. :) She is very creative. She makes notes for her little friends & puts them in their mailboxes also to cheer them up :). She is doing very well in school. Excelling in reading & spelling & math, etc. She's now starting to read chapter books & wants mom to go to the store and buy her a whole bunch so she can read them :). I keep telling her one @ a time, but she can't read them fast enough. She's definitely takes after mom in that department :).
Mikayla newest thing is standing on her head. I swear that girl spends @ least 1/2 her day on her head. She has got to have the strongest neck muscles for a 7 year old! When she's watching t.v. she's leaning against the couch or on the couch upside down, or against the wall, the bed, the doors....you name it. It freaks me out! I keep thinking she's going to hurt herself...not that it changes anything. She still does it.
Mikayla's loves being outside. All my kids do. They would spend the entire day outside if I let them. They never get sick of it. Loves catching bugs, swimming, jumping on the trampoline, riding our neighbors little sit on vehicles with the little batteries, loves playing barbies (I just bought her the little....did I say little....okay not....the BIG Hannah Montana house. It was on Clearance @ Wal-Mart. They've been playing with it every day this week. It's pretty cool.) Usually Mikayla and all of her friends play barbies here. She's the barbie queen. :) She has a lot more clothes & accesories, dolls. Yes I know, she's spoiled. You have to usually buy the barbie to get alot of the accessories. So I went a little crazy on e-bay when we lived in Provo. What can I say. We didn't even have 1/4 the stuff they do now, when I was little. Most of our barbie clothes, my older sister Rochelle made, and we only had a couple of furniture pieces. Our barbie house was this wooden briefcase looking thing, that opened up with 2 beds on hinges folded down. With a couple of shelves. Or it was a plastic covered cardboard criss-crossed to make the separate rooms. If you played with barbies back in the day, maybe you'll know what I'm talking about. Okay enough about barbies. I'll just say again, yes, she's spoiled. Moving on.......
Mikayla is still ecstatic she got her ears pierced. She wants mom to change them everyday. They've been a little sore lately though, We didn't properly disinfect one of the earrings and it made it red & slightly infected. But last night looked a lot better. A week ago, I told her we might need to take them out and let them heal up & do it again later, if it got any worse. All she was concerned about was waiting the 6 weeks before she could change out her earrings.
Oh I did give my boys their summer hair cuts :). The good ole hair buzz. They look so cute. I need to go over Tyler's again, though. That boy is like a bobble head when I give him a hair cut. He doesn't keep his head in one position for more than a second. There are a few stray hairs sticking up. Other than that, it went very well. No more little rag-a-muffin looking children in this house. :)


Okay now that I've written another novel, I think I can wrap it up :):).

Just for the record, there better not be a collective sigh from everyone who's kind enough to read my blog :). A 'thank goodness she's done' sigh! Oh come on, you guys love my novels :). My sister always comments that I can't just write a short note on birthday cards. It usually contains a novel that covers front & back :). Sorry can't be helped :) Take care and let me know how you guys are doing please! :) Love, Jo

1 comment:

Buchanan Clan said...

Hey I just did a yard sale. Let me give you some pointers! Clean your stuff really good. Put your big nice items closest to the road so that you attract more people. Put the baby toys and kids toys at the back of the yard sale so that the kids stay away from the road and also the parents will have to walk all the way through to get them. Price everything so that there isn't a whole lot of haggling. I always price a little high because people try to come down. It's hot so have a cooler of drinks, they do good. Make sure your tables stay full and they look organized. I just did a donation yard sale for my best friend who is fighting cancer. We made $3500. It was great!!! Good luck